With a kind of dark host and a retro style, “The Hidden Object Show” places you on a TV show in which you can gain points, and money, by finding hidden objects on different messy scenes. Everything in the interface and its design is correctly placed, representing really well a seventies TV show. The game, is oriented to people with good visual memory and who loves looking up for details. It’s really easy to learn how to play, since the host is always showing tips on the way.
The game itself, basically consists in looking and picking items from different locations, following a list provided by the game. You have to look the scenes very carefully, trying to find the items on the list. When you see an item, just click on it to update the list. In addition, it offers a bonus by detecting differences between two almost identical scenes.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and see the welcome screen with the following options:
-Profiles: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Start: this option first shows you the introduction to the game, which you can skip at any time, and then you can start playing.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound effects volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
Once you are playing, you can press the MENU/PAUSE button to see the following options:
- Menu: to go back to the main menu.
- Options: to see the Options menu commented before.
- Help: to see the instructions for the game.
- Exit: to quit the application.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows 2000; Windows XP
- Graphics Card Video card with at least 16MB VRAM
- DirectX Version DirectX 8.0
- Processor Speed (MHz) 400
- HD Space (GB)
- RAM (MB) 64
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the help
- Affordable price
- Nice interface
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network not supported